The father of late Colonel Santosh Babu on Monday said he was 'not 100 per cent satisfied' with the Mahavir Chakra posthumously awarded to him for his acts of gallantry against the Chinese attack in Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh in June 2020, and that he should have been honoured with the Param Vir Chakra.
Col Babu was awarded the gallantry medal for resisting the Chinese Army attack while establishing an observation post in the face of the enemy in the Galwan valley in the Ladakh sector during Operation Snow Leopard.
The new title is likely inspired by the film's first track Maatrubhumi, sung by Arijit Singh.
Before you watch the war drama Battle of Galwan on the big screen on April 17, unscramble this puzzle.
Six Army personnel including Col Santosh Babu, Nb Sub Nuduram Soren, Hav K Palani, Hav Tejinder Singh, Nk Deepak Singh and Sep Gurtej Singh, who lost their lives in the Galwan valley clash, have been awarded Chakra series wartime gallantry medals posthumously.
All five Indian quartets failed to qualify for the final rounds of the World Athletics Relays in Gaborone, missing the chance to secure berths for the 2027 World Championships. They will have another opportunity on Sunday.
The Chinese State-affiliated media outlet Global Times has accused the film of exaggeration and presenting a 'one-sided narrative' of the 2020 Galwan Valley clash between Indian and Chinese troops.
Their Supreme Sacrifice for the Motherland will Never be Forgotten.
Major Padmapani Acharya was awarded the Mahavir Chakra for his courage in the Kargil War.
The Galwan valley clash took place on June 15 last year when Indian troops led by Colonel Babu took on the Chinese troops near the patrolling point 14 area.
A rollercoaster of emotions: Tejaswin finds silver in South Korea
The memorial has been built at the unit level near the KM-120 post on the strategic road Durbuk-Shyok-Daulat Beg Oldie, Ladakh. The memorial has names of 20 soldiers and the details of the June 15 operation.
Defying the COVID-19 social distancing norms, huge crowds gathered to pay respects to the soldiers amid emotional moments.
Twenty Indian Army personnel including a colonel were killed in the fierce clash with Chinese troops in the Galwan Valley on Monday night, the biggest military confrontation in over five decades that has significantly escalated the already volatile border standoff in the region.
'NO one is more selfless and brave than a soldier.'
Colonel Santosh Babu who hailed from Suryapet district in Telangana, was serving in the 16 Bihar regiment as Commanding Officer.
Salute the brave soldiers who made the supreme sacrifice on the night of June 15-16, 2020, defending the motherland against Chinese barbarians and whose courage was acknowledged by a grateful nation at the Defence Investiture Ceremony on Tuesday.
The video comes just days after 20 Indian soldiers lost their in a "violent face-off" with Chinese troops in the LAC across Galwan Valley of Ladakh.
Chinese and Indian troops clashed in Galwan Valley for several hours on the night of June 15 in their deadliest brawl in the last five decades.
'It is because of the bravery of Colonel Santosh Babu and his men that we have not seen a violent escalation anywhere else along the LAC.'
The nearly five-minute video captured glimpses of the lives of soldiers deployed along the ice-capped mountains of the high-altitude region including their round-the-clock vigil, training and combat readiness to deal with any threat.
'The sacrifice of their lives and the sacrifice of their families will always leave a void.'
It took India and the Indian Army to show to the world that enough is enough and to challenge the neighbourhood bully, he said.
Spyder is a classic tale of good versus evil that works on the strength of its dynamic hero and intimidating villain, says Sukanya Verma.
The names of 20 Indian Army personnel, who were killed while valiantly fighting Chinese troops in Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh in June last year, were inscribed on the National War Memorial ahead of the Republic Day, official sources said.
At least 38 PLA troops drowned while crossing a fast-flowing, sub-zero river in darkness, according to an article in the Australian newspaper The Klaxon which cited a report prepared by a group of social media researchers after a year-long investigation.
A total of around 100 troops took part in the operations from the Indian side while the Chinese had over 350 people on the location.
In heart-wrenching scenes reminiscent of the aftermath of the 2019 Pulwama terror attack in which 40 CRPF personnel were killed, coffins of soldiers arrived in several states for the last rites with full military honours.
On the first anniversary of the deadly clashes, the army said the supreme sacrifice of the soldiers while fighting the adversary in the "most difficult" high altitude terrain will be "eternally etched" in the memory of the nation.
The Chinese probably thought that brutal assault was a knock-out, but they had not counted on the ingenuity, loyalty and courage of battle-trained Indian officers and jawans.
Addressing the Congress Working Committee, the president of the party said, ""Misfortunes do not come singly. India has been hit by a terrible economic crisis, a pandemic of huge proportions and, now, by a full-blown crisis on the borders with China. Much of each crisis is attributable to the mismanagement of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance government and the wrong policies pursued by it."
'A firm national resolve can only deter and defeat the nefarious designs of the adversary,' notes Rup Narayan Das.
A senior officer confirmed that the Indian soldiers fought valiantly and with tremendous grit "till the last", even to the extent that half of them died in battle, reveals David Devadas.
Making a statement in Lok Sabha, Singh also said the Indian Army has inflicted heavy costs including casualties on the Chinese side during the clash with the People's Liberation Army at the Galwan valley on June 15.
Ram makes Kandireega entertaining with his lively performance.
Indian military sources said no firearms were used in the clashes and that most of the injuries were sustained following stone-pelting and use of rods by the Chinese side.
The south awards night was a GRAND affair!
Directed by Santosh Srinivas, the film is expected to release in the last week of August.